In response to recent cultural and scientific developments Art Laboratory Berlin is initiating an open call for art works, texts and cooperative works with artists, scholars and scientists on the general theme of non-human subjectivities.
Possible topics could include
- Perspectives under threat – non-human viewpoints during the great species die off.
- Bacterial viewpoints – how microbes communicate, interact and experience the world.
- Non-human perspectives – intelligence and agency in animals, plants, bacteria.
- Re-definition of intelligence, agency and sentience in ways that are not anthropomorphic.
- What do some of these perspectives make of Homo sapiens? e.g.- 90% of the cells in our body do not have human DNA -we are a mere host, a topography, for billions of bacteria and fungi.
- How about agency (and even intelligence) beyond life – virii or crystals for instance.
- Are complex data systems, algorithms, artificial intelligence beginning to have points of view, and forms of agency that are beyond human comprehension?
Art Laboratory Berlin is seeking submissions and proposals predominantly for exhibitions, performances and workshops, but is also interested in cooperation with scholars and scientists for the production of a series of lectures, texts and a symposium
The deadline for entries is 15 December, 2014.
Chosen proposals will form part of our 2016-17 program