Birce an Steph – Week One Progress

After thorough research, we moved ahead into the prototyping and experimental phase.

We sourced materials:

Tubes

Water Pump

Waterproof Fabric (nylon)

And we experimented with these materials to test our idea. We drilled holes in the tube and pumped water through it. We mimicked how the tube would be situated on the neckline to test how the water would flow and drop of the tube. We also wanted to test if the water would bead off the fabric in the way that we wanted. The tests were pretty successful.

water drip 01 water drip 03 water drip 02

 

Since we want the water to be fluorescent we are also experimenting with dyeing the water with the ink of a highlighter. When a UV light is shined on the water, it should glow in the dark. We want the water dripping from the tube to glow to mimic the bioluminescent phytoplankton. We are thinking of two ways to incorporate the UV light. 1) Shine the UV flashlight on the dress when the lights are off. 2) incorporate LED UV lights into the tube neckline that turns on when the user feels stressed.

highligher 01

66 thoughts on “Birce an Steph – Week One Progress”

  1. Just would like to say your report is as remarkable. The clarity in your publish is simply exceptional and i can suppose you’re knowledgeable in this subject matter. Nicely in addition to your permission enable me to clutch your feed to maintain up to date with forthcoming submit. Thanks one million and be sure to keep up the fulfilling do the job.

  2. Hey there just desired to give you A fast heads up. The textual content in the content material seem to be managing from the monitor in Opera. I’m unsure if this can be a format challenge or anything to try and do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d article to Permit you realize. The structure look great however! Hope you have the situation fastened shortly. Many thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.