I created a stand for the camera we worked on in class to act as a microscope. I used illustration board, acrylic and multipurpose transparency film. I left a wide space for the transparency film to allow as much light as possible to come through. I also added a thin, vertical acrylic strip to enable height adjustment. The clip on the camera easily latches on and can slide up and down to go closer or further from the stage of the microscope.
This microscope worked very briefly, until of course the camera died. I tried to reconfigure it and hot glue it shut. This only made matters worse. It was sad. The microscope stand was so ready to do science.