NODE CAN DO MUCH MUCH MORE!! We are going to use some powerful modules, which are libraries in node.js, to connect Arduino with web page.
Things We are going to cover:
– basic skill of web and node.js
– connect arduino to web page
Things you need:
– Computer (Mac preferred)
– Download and install Sublime Text (a text editor)
– Arduino Uno
– USB cable for Arduino UNO
– Some jumper wire
– 1 LED
– 1 Button
– 1 Potentiometer
– 1 breadboard
Before we start (We will do this together during the workshop):
1. Download and Install Node.js (http://nodejs.org/)
2. Open terminal: type “node -v” + return. If you get something like “v0.10.20”, it was successful
3. Still in your terminal: type “npm-v” + return. If you get something like “1.3.11”, it was successful.
4. Get your circuit ready (-pic.circuit) and link your arduino to computer.
5. Download code from Github. Repo: https://github.com/Zdaxia/Web-Arduino-Workshop
If you can not come to this work shop. Please finish “Before we start” and follow the tutorial on Github.