I haven’t settled on a final design yet, but on Wednesday night I made some cardboard prototypes. I started with a large design based on a classic microscope. I found that it was a bit overkill because the DIY microscope has a very short range of focus. I also need to include a light because the LEDs on my webcam do not work post hacking. I created the medium sized design next. At first I used a press lamp to provide the light, but it was too bright. Then I tried my phone’s flashlight, which was still too bright, so I started using the screen of my phone instead. Finally I made a small holder to fit over the phone. I put the webcam on a miniature tripod because that was the most flexible to adjust. For the final version I will probably make something in-between the 2nd and 3rd versions.